Another Comic Con has come and gone, with the UK’s various anime distributors having announced a whole new slew of releases for the future. As per usual, I shall go over what they have announced and share a few thoughts on what’s coming up.
First up, Anime Limited have announced quite a few releases. These are as follows:
- Ninja Slayer From Animation, due to be released in 2016
- Expelled From Paradise, with a release date of 25th January 2016
- Tokyo ESP, set to be released some time in February 2016
- The first season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will have a Blu-ray release
- After a delay, Ping Pong The Animation will be released on January 11th 2016, with the possibility of ‘something extra’ to make up for the wait
- Fuse: Memoirs of a Huntress is now scheduled for January 2016
- The Voices of a Distant Star & The Place Promised in Our Early Days double pack is scheduled for February 2016, with a possible Steelbook release.
- The complete first season of Durarara!! x2 is scheduled for February 2016.
- Miss Hokusai should be released in March 2016, on both DVD and Blu-ray
- Terror in Resonance will have a DVD/Blu-ray combo pack, due for release in either March of April 2016.
- They currently only have digital rights for The Heroic Legend of Arslan, but they are interested in picking up home video rights if possible
- An issue with the masters of the Beck DVDs caused a delay, due to this they are investigating the possibility of a Blu-ray release
- Claymore will get a Blu-ray release in 2016
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate is due for release in 2016
- Sunrise and Anime Limited have confirmed four Gundam titles for UK release in 2016: Z Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam and Gundam: Reconguista in G.
- The following titles have been picked up, but don’t have a release date yet: Anthem of the Heart, Attack on Titan: Junior High, Prison School, The Murder Case of Hana & Alice, Snow White with the Red Hair, Brothers Conflict and selector infected WIXOSS.
Following that is MVM Entertainment. Though they didn’t have a panel at the Comic Con, they have announced a few things:
- Monster Musume
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, due for release on DVD and Blu-ray on 23rd March 2016. The Blu-ray will be a Collector’s Edition with an art book, poster and stickers, all within a rigid art box.
Finally, we have stuff from Manga Entertainment (which includes Kaze) and Animatsu Entertainment.
- Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection “F” DVD, Blu-ray and Collector’s Edition is due for release on January 25th 2016.
- Manga Entertainment will be bringing Boruto: Naruto the Movie to cinemas from 10th November.
- Animatsu Entertainment will be bringing the first live action Attack on Titan film to cinemas from December 2nd.
- Animatsu are also bringing the live action Yakuza Apocalypse to cinemas from January 2nd 2016.
- Live action Garm Wars: The Last Druid will have DVD, Blu-ray and Collector’s Edition releases on March 14th 2016 thanks to Animatsu.
- Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo will finally be released on DVD, Blu-ray and Collector’s Edition on 7th March 2016 from Manga Entertainment.
- Kaze has acquired Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, with episodes 1 and 2 arriving on March 21st 2016.
- Animatsu has acquired both seasons of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, with the first scheduled for release in 2016.
- Animatsu will release both seasons of Haikyu! over two volumes in 2016.
- Food Wars has been acquired by Animatsu Entertainment.
- Kaze has acquired One Punch Man.
- Animatsu have acquired Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon?, with the possibility of a Collector’s Edition release.
- Animatsu has acquired School-Live!.
- My Love Story! (Oremonogatari) will be released in two parts, with the possibility of a Collector’s Edition.
- Animatsu has also picked up the following titles: Amagi Brilliant Park, Humanity Has Declined and Blade Dance of the Elementalers.
- Kaze will release a complete collection of Persona 4 The Animation, with DVD & DVD/Blu-ray combo packs.
- Finally, there is due to be a special Akame ga Kill announcement on 30th October – I probably won’t post about it, so keep an eye on the Manga Entertainment website.
In terms of releases I’m most looking forward to, there’s two from Anime Limited – Expelled From Paradise and selector infected WIXOSS. The former is from Gen Urobuchi, and the latter is something I enjoyed and have reviewed here. I imagine that the second season, selector spread WIXOSS, will probably get a release sometime in the future as well.
Since GATE is something I enjoyed (partly due to a character called Rory Mercury), I’m glad to see that it will be released over here. I’ll probably pick up Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works as well.
Resurrection “F” is something I intend to buy, as well as Evangelion 3.33 – you know, providing it isn’t subject to any more delays…
School-Live! is definitely something I’ll get, since I did give it a favourable review here. I’m also enjoying One Punch Man, so I’ll be happy to buy that as well.
Of course, though several dates have been announced, it’s possible that some things might happen that will cause delays. Still, as long as we get the stuff in the end, I’ll happily buy it.